Finding the Main Character

6:35 PM 0 Comments


 In the beginning I played with many early concept sketches of Wes to try and find the character who felt the emotions I was trying to convey. Galaxy Hunters was an idea sparked from  my imagination one night when I was just sitting around doodling in the old sketchbook. I remember coming across Wes, and thinking, there you are! It was like he was always there, and I just needed to find him.

Wes has gone through a few changes in his time, but most just minimal things. The early sketches below are some of the first made of him way back in the early 2000's. I think it is important to show these and see how the development of a character will grow with time as your art skill set do.
 The look Wes has now has been called very "Don Bluthish" Which I think is a compliment. Bluth is a huge inspiration of mine, and movies like "The Secret of Nimh" and "All Dogs Go to Heaven" are still some of my favorites. 



Wes will be all over the site, and his friends and foes. If there is any questions you have about him, and my process please just leave a comment and I'll be sure to answer. 

Thank you all =)


0 comments: